The results are in and for challenge 3 your prompt is:
Songfic! Write a story inspired by music.
As before, there are very few restrictions on what you can submit for this challenge, but here are some Guidelines:
1. Fics can be of any length, style, genre, or rating. We hope to see everything from drabbles and poems to chaptered stories. As long as the medium is text, it’s all fine.
2. Any song that inspires you is fine, from any genre. This can be anything from a piece of classical music to a hymn to a pop song. *waits for someone to ask if John Cage works count* (Yes, they do.)
3. Please be aware that both Fanfiction.net and AO3 explicitly prohibit the inclusion of song lyrics in their entirety in a fic without first receiving permission from the copyright holder. In other words, don’t include the entire lyrics of the song in your fic. You can use bits of the lyrics as dialogue, but you must cite the source in the notes of your fic.
4. In order to be considered part of the collection of this challenge, your fic should be posted by August 21st. If you write a chaptered fic, it doesn’t have to be complete by August 21st; you just need to post at least one chapter by August 21st.
5. Post your fic wherever you like, and then make a post to your own Tumblr blog with the following information. If you do not have a Tumblr account, send us an ask with the information below and we will create a post for you. Please note that we have added/changed some parts of the submission form:
Song: (include a link to the song, if possible)
Rating: (G, T, M, E)
Pairing: (if any)
Genre: (romance, alternate universe, retirement, parentlock, etc.)
Length: (number of words)
Warnings: (for any potentially triggery content; if none, just put “none”)
Author notes: (optional)
Links: (if you post your fic in multiple places, feel free to add multiple links)
Then tag your post with “letswritesherlock”, “challenge 3”, and your author name, and post it to your own blog. We will track the letswritesherlock tag and will queue your posts to reblog here.
6. If your fic is a drabble or a short poem, feel free to include it under a Read More cut in your post. For anything longer than 250 words, please post it elsewhere and include a link.
7. If you post your fic to AO3, you can also add it to the collection especially for this challenge. The collection can be found here. When you post your fic, in the space next to “Post to collections/challenges”, type in “Challenge03” and wait a moment for our challenge to be found (which will say “Let’s Write Sherlock: Challenge 3”). If you have already posted your fic, click “edit” on the fic on your dashboard and then scroll down to change this setting.
8. Be creative! Have fun! And feel free to submit as many fics as you like. The more, the merrier! Also, please also read and comment on the fics of other participants. We all love getting kudos and comments, so please be generous with your fandom love. :-)
9. Still have questions? Please ASK!
[Image from http://hdwallpaperspcs.blogspot.com.au]